KitchenStewardship has the most thorough review of natural sunscreens I’ve ever read. Reviews from a real mom who has to grease up kids, and knows what a good sun screen is worth. I’m linking this to you OE readers, so you have a resource before you buy this year’s sunscreen. Can you believe it’s almost that time?! After greasing up, go out there and soak in that amazing Vitamin D we’re almost all deficient in, but do it in a smart way! And for those who need very little protection (because you’re not in direct sun or you wear protective clothing, or you’re not out for long, etc.), do some research on the natural sun block protection of real coconut oil. Happy soaking.
PS: if YOU have a recommendation for a natural sunscreen, leave a comment for the rest of us!
- 15 Non-Edible Uses For Coconut Oil (apartmenttherapy.com)
- 5 Ways to Use Coconut Oil (mindbodygreen.com)
- Gluten-Free Sunscreen: Jane Iredale Dry Sunscreen Powder (celiacchicks.com)
- Coconut Oil – wonderful (biosil.wordpress.com)
- The Benefits of Coconut Oil (oulalasocial.wordpress.com)
- 160 Uses for Coconut Oil (nuggets4u.wordpress.com)